Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Other Guys

M: So, this is PG-13, while the King's Speech is R. I don't get it. This was way more offensive. I can just envision the guys writing this, one turning to the other to say, you think that was ridiculous, listen to this. And so the movie goes, each moment more ludicrous than the last. A few funny parts, mostly involving Will Ferrell, but mostly just inane and insulting to all things normal. 2 stars

V: Really quite dumb with a few accidentally funny things and a few actually funny things.  We mostly laughed in disbelief at how they could have decided that their characters would do and say such things.  And sometimes, I think the actors were just ad-libbing.  I thought it was funny how the super tough guys jumped off a tall building and then (of course) landed (splatted) on the sidewalk below.  Seriously, that was kind of funny.  Do you want to see it now? 1 1/2 stars

1 comment:

Katie said...

Joey here, this was another movie which, like Easy A, did really well on Rotten Tomatoes. So I was excited to see it and, like Easy A, was very underwhelmed by the comedic content. Want to know a movie that stunk it up on Rotten Tomatoes that really made me laugh? I'll assume you do. "How Do You Know". Lame title. Really liked the show. Pretty clean too. Maybe I was just in the mood for this show, or maybe to me Paul Rudd can do no wrong, but I really liked it.