Friday, January 8, 2010

Fiddler on the Roof

V: If I'm asked what my favorite movie is, I usually say Fiddler on the Roof. I watched this again with Mike (who had never seen it!) over Christmas break and I had chills and dewey eyes the entire time. I'm way too biased to give this a new review because of the memories it conjures from when I watched it growing up - with that, added to my now adult understanding of the world and family, all objectivity is lost. I love this film. For me it will always be 4 stars.

M: I had never seen this. Thank goodness for V. Great movie. Very funny and touching. Great music. A bit of a downer at the end, but such is life. 4 stars.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Like brother like sister. I think this is Joey's all time favorite as well. He's seen it a million times and (don't tell but..) he cries every time he sees it. We got to go see the live version with Topol playing Tevye and it was amazing. Glad to see that Mike and I are being educated by the cultured and tender hearted Hales.

Clint C. said...

Mike, now I know you are a great movie reviewer. You've just endorsed my very favorite movie. Seeing Topol in Fiddler last year with Joey and Katie was the ultimate full-circle experience for me.