Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Harry Potter 6

M: A rare full price movie. We try to catch the Harry Potter's in the theater. This was the best looking Harry Potter yet. Amazing. On the other hand, the story did not seem compelling. I loved the book, yet the movie did not do it justice. The movie, like the book, simply moved toward the 7th book, with no real resolution on its own. But, with a movie, it is nice to have some resolution. Also, the Harry and Ginnie in a field scene was not in the book, yet they cut so many things out that were in the book. What's up with that. Also, I didn't like the changes to the end, where Harry had been frozen under a cloak in the book, and he was just kind of hiding in the movie, not as good. Plus, now I hear that the 7th book is going to be split into two movies. That seems excessive. Our Harry Potter in the theater streak may end. Nevertheless, very good looking movie. 3 stars.

V: I agree that it looked great. And I thought there was a lot of fun humor in this movie. The field scene was really weird. And there were tiny things that bugged me making it not a 4 star movie - but otherwise - I really enjoyed it! There were some genuinely scary things in this one - I did jump and grab onto Mike's arm (or was it his head) during the cave with the dead thingies scene. Malfoy is growing on me. And Slughorn was really great. 3 1/2 stars.

M: I agree that Slughorn was fantastic. Not what I imagined, but so good.

No comments: