Monday, March 10, 2008

Transformers

M: Oh man. A piece of my childhood, spoiled. This action-packed movie contained so many cheesy lines that it was one long cringe throughout. The battle scenes were chaos, I couldn't tell who was who. Oh, so disappointing. And when they had Prime giving his lame lines, it was almost more than I could take. But, some cool effects, I guess. 2 stars.

V: This show was way, way too long. (I can do 2 1/2 hours for a really good movie - this one should have been 90 min.) Even with that length there were loose ends. And for a show that I'm sure attracted a lot of 8-12 year-old boys, it had quite a few crude elements. Lost credibility in many parts, with characters making uncharacteristic moves. The effects were cool - but not 2 1/2 hours worth of cool. I thought Shia Labeouf did a good job with what he was given. 2 stars.

2 comments:

Sean said...

I had a problem with the ending. It's great that you get to end up with your unrealistically hotty girlfriend and all, but making out on top of your friend Bumblebee??!! Who does that????
By the way, this is Heather. I logged on as Sean because he has a G-mail Account.

Star said...

I guess I was hard up for entertainment when I watched this. I know it was dumb, but I went away somewhat entertained. Except the urinating robot was just too much!