Sunday, March 7, 2010

Indiana Jones

M: I delayed seeing this movie. I had some low expectations, but even more, I had fear. Fear that another childhood love (see "Transformers") would be brutally ruined for me. That didn't happen here, so I am pleased. I really like Indiana Jones. The Raiders of the Lost Ark and the Last Crusade, for me, are classics. This latest attempt, "Crystal Skull" does not stack up, but it is better than I expected, and better than the Temple of Doom. Definitely cheesy in parts, definitely unbelievable too. But I thought the movie had a good heart. 2 1/2 stars

V: I didn't expect this to be good at all. So I ended up liking it more. It was enjoyable. There were fun references to the earlier stuff. I enjoy the goofy humor in the middle of deadly situations. It was a fun watch. And I swear they threw the Superman theme in there, just for a second. Am I wrong? 3 stars.

1 comment:

kate said...

ha! we thought it was silly, but fun. we're hoping to watch "new moon" this weekend from redbox. should be good for some laughs. :)