Thursday, January 15, 2009

Horton Hears a Who

V: Somehow I can't resist calling this "Horton Gives a Hoot", but I guess that works, too. He does, he really does. He's a very sweet pachyderm. This movie has a ton of great voice talent: Jim Carrey, Steve Carrell, Carol Burnett (wait there's a pattern here.) The story is developed well and moves along. My only complaint - maybe I missed it - is I really didn't see why the Kangaroo was soooo dead set against Horton helping his speck. I know, there's a message of intolerance and misunderstanding in there - but I could have used a little more basis for why the WHOLE JUNGLE came together to stop him. Wouldn't they realistically just write him off as a little crazy and let him go on his harmless way? (Like they did for Katie the babbling orange fluffball?) But, it was still an enjoyable little movie. 3 stars.

M: Fun and funny. Not as funny or satisfying as WallE or Kung-fu Panda. Kind of paled in comparison , but worth seeing if you have kids. 3 stars.

2 comments:

Katie B. said...

So, maybe we were a little hyper or something, but Jeff and I LOVED this movie. ESPECIALLY Katie the babbling orange fluffball. She had us screaming with laughter every time she came on screen. It takes a special and crazy comic genius to come up with a character who basically just lets her eyes glaze over and sighs every time she's on camera.

kate said...

both of our kids sat through this in the dollar theater, so that's saying something. love the fluffball! ah-hahaha!