Thursday, July 17, 2008

I am legend

M: Will Smith is a lone man in New York after a virus strikes which turns people into "dark seekers," creepy monsters that cannot come out during the day. I am not entirely sure how this virus caused this incredible transformation in people, or how it have gave these monsters their insane strength, speed, and their unhuman monster look, but it did, and I accepted it. Unfortunately, Will Smith's role caused me to draw comparisons to that of Tom Hanks in Cast Away. You know, both guys living alone for a long time and trying to cope and survive. For me, the comparison hurt Will Smith because he just wasn't as believable in the role. Nevertheless, he was likable and the action and suspense of the movie kept things interesting. All in all, a good movie and worth seeing. But not amazing. 3 stars.

V: This movie was way creepier than I expected. I guess I was thinking more of a Planet of the Apes-type flick, or something. It's very suspenseful and sometimes joltingly scary. Creepy. I thought Will Smith did a good job. I heard there was an alternate ending, which would have been interesting. I just didn't feel totally engrossed or fulfilled by this movie. It was interesting though. But creepy. 2 1/2 stars.

No comments: