Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Moneyball

M:  I was actually a bit disappointed in this movie.  I went in with high expectations, and it didn't live up.  So this guy discovered that you could build a good baseball team using statistics.  What's the real point?  The story, particularly the conclusion, was just not enough for me.  It was well acted, well filmed, and it was cool to see the baseball stadiums, but that wasn't quite enough.  Plus, what's up with the little girl singing a song that had not yet been written?  That seems like an unnecessary oversight.  On the plus side, it was pretty clean. I'm torn. This review might cost me by man card, but . . . 3 stars


V:  It kept my interest, which is saying something as far as me and sports movies goes.  I went in with low expectations, so I thought it was pretty good.  The song was a little weird.  Maybe it wasn't as popular as it is now when they were making the movie?  Spoiler alert -   I thought he (Brad Pitt's character) should totally have taken the good offer at the end.  Oh well.  I did think it was interesting. 3 stars

No comments: