Thursday, June 10, 2010

North & South, BBC

V: This is not the war mini-series. This is the love across cultural lines mini-series. And I really liked it. It's quite romantic, great leads, good chemistry, and all that. It's an interesting look at social differences and injustices. The characters are malleable and likable. It was addictive. Really well done. I had the teeniest of qualms with one scene - I would have preferred a quieter, humbler character than a rude one . . . but, I really enjoyed this, so . . . 4 stars.

M: Really good. Another great job by the BBC. Beautiful music. Beautifully made. Very real and intriguing characters. My qualm is that the hero is way to grumpy. Way to grumpy. It gets to the point that you are not convinced that he is redeemable. Still, it is a great show. I loved the mother, and the other characters, they were flawed, but real, and I liked that. I felt that the movie presented a very believable and compelling story. A great show to watch with your love. 3 1/2 stars.

No comments: