Saturday, October 25, 2008

Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day

V: Another film we saw on the plane - I think I missed the very beginning - and of course, kinda hard to hear in parts, blah, blah, blah. But, I thought it was pretty charming. I really like Francis McDormand (Pettigrew). Amy Adams plays a young singer trying to make it in London - laid it on a little thick at times, but okay. Lee Pace (Pushing Daisies) plays one of her 3 (or 4?) lovers - and was really cute and likable. I like how it all turns out, so I say it's an enjoyable show to see. I'm sure it's better seen not on a plane. 3 stars.

M: Pretty good, for a flight movie. You should take any review of a movie viewed on a plane with a grain of salt. I did not really like Amy Adams character very much. She was overboard, and kind of slimey. But, the movie was pretty good, and Francis McDormand was great. 2 1/2 stars.

No comments: