Thursday, September 11, 2008

What Happens in Vegas

M: Tough one. On the one hand, this movie represents everything I don't like in a movie. It was at times crude, mean-spirited, and overly silly. It had potty talk, an unusually easygoing investment banking firm, and it heaped abuse on the institution of marriage. And yet . . . I kind of enjoyed it. Cameron Diaz and Ashton Kutcher worked as a romantic couple, at least toward the end of the movie when the movie allowed for a spark of romance. The movie also had its laugh out loud moments (often followed by a make you cringe moment). All and all, probably worth seeing if you have a night you want to give your brain and your sense of shame a rest. 2 1/2 stars.

V: I don't think I can top M's review. He pretty well summed it up. And I did decide on my rating before I looked here. I guess we are of one mind. So yeah, there are a lot of dumb/inappropriate/crude things in this movie. And there are also a lot of pretty genuinely funny things that made it kinda charming. 2 1/2 stars.

No comments: